‘GOURD-EOUS’ MINIATURE HALLOWEEN PUMPKINS NOW IN TESCO STORES NATIONWIDE
Irish-grown decorative gourds set to be this year’s Halloween must-have
Tesco Ireland, proudly supporting Irish growers, is now stocking a range of novelty pumpkins and gourds, with the unique and limited range landing in 100 stores nationwide, ahead of Halloween 2019.
Upgrade the traditional Halloween display of carved-pumpkins by adding some Pinterest-worthy ‘gourd-ecor’ to the inside or outside of the home. From beautiful door-step displays and harvest door-wreaths, to dining table centre-pieces, place name settings and mantle garlands; the opportunities are endless to use this season's bounty in the most beautiful ways.
The decorative miniature gourds retail from just €1 and are grown by local grower Denise Buckley on Lispopple Farm, Swords, Dublin. Denise uses an assortment of seeds sourced from US farms to create the unique and unusual varieties. These quirky crops bring the most colourful season to life, in rich harvest colours of soft ambers, fiery reds, burnt orange, creams, greens and more.
Top five ‘Gourd-eous’ home décor ideas:
- The more, the merrier! Gather a collection of small gourds and pumpkins in different sizes and colours together for an eye-catching Halloween display. Position in a crate/basket and dress with crunchy fallen leaves or ivy, for an Instagram-friendly arrangement.
- ‘Gourd-eous’ Garland: Create your own gourd garland by stringing wire or twine around the stems of small gourds and pieces of greenery, and hang on your front door or garden gate.
- Gourd place names: Use a permanent marker to create autumnal place names for your dinner guests by writing their names on miniature gourds, for a beautiful touch to your festive feast.
- A Ghoulish Gourd Centre Piece: Create a stylish centre piece with a spread of pumpkins, gourds, nuts, acorns, and seasonal florals.
- Gourd Floral Vases: Hollow out several tall gourds and use them as vases for your favourite autumnal flowers and blooms.