Tesco Ireland ranges a host of vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian products
Tesco Ireland confirms that in response to increasing consumer demand for vegetarian, vegan and flexitarian convenience based products, it has launched a number of new products to the market this January.
Right across the store Tesco has a whole host of vegan, vegan friendly, vegetarian and plant based products aimed to help those choosing to maintain a plant based diet have high quality, convenient options available.
- To meet demand, Tesco Ireland is expanding its Wicked Kitchen plant-based food range available in Irish stores. The Wicked Kitchen brand was created by Tesco’s head of plant-based innovation Derek Sarno, a renowned advocate for plant-based nutrition. Tesco Ireland has extended the range in Irish stores to include vegan desserts, salads, dips and additional ready meal solutions. Using only the freshest plant based ingredients, the range now includes 23 products in the portfolio now includes cake treats red velvet brownie and a pineapple dream cake; to ready-to-go salads, coleslaws and dips including the toasted 3 onion dip or the tasty hot-cracked corn dip. The ready meals category now includes a Lush Lasagne, Big Bros Enchiladas and BBQ Butternut Mac; ready meals priced at €5.00 per unit.
- Oumph! Is a 100% plant based product made from soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes; an entirely plant-based and free from gluten and dairy food offering that can be used in a variety of shapes and sizes. Exclusive to Tesco Ireland in the market, Five Oumph! products are now available in stores - Pulled Oumph!, Oumph! Kebab Spiced, Oumph! Thyme & Garlic, Oumph! The Chunk and Oumph! Pizza Italian Style. All products have launched in limited stores at €5.00 per unit.
- Moodley Manor – run by partnership Ais & Gav, they make badass vegan foods; helping those who are vegan with easier ways of cooking. Launching Badass Bacon, Boss Burgers and More-ish Mince and Chick-Hun; priced from €4.75.
- Beyond Burger, free from meat burger, is an entirely plant-based burger pattie. The Beyond Burger is a ready-to-cook "raw" patty that looks, cooks, and tastes like a fresh beef burger, and it will be sold in the frozen section of the store. The Beyond Burger® is the world's first plant-based burger that looks, cooks, and tastes like a fresh beef burger. The Beyond Burger® packs 20 g of plant-based protein and has no GMOs, soy or gluten; is priced at €7.00 per two pack and available in 97 stores nationwide.
- Veggie Earth – a small producer, based in Smithfield, Dublin will now range Super Red and Super Green pestos and Super Olive Tapenade in 30 stores across the country, priced at €4.99.
- Eden, from Co Offaly, have launched a range of veggie burgers including Spinach & Feta Cheese, Curried Cauliflower and Garden Vegetable patties. Priced from €3.00 available in 40 stores around the country.
- Dee’s Wholefoods: developed by a Cork based nutritionist Dee’s Wholefoods only use quality natural and organic ingredients loaded with health benefits; no gluten or artificial additives, no soy, dairy, GMO or wheat. Over 40 stores across the country are stocking a variety of Dee’s products, including Dee’s Quinoa pot with Thai vegetables, Dee’s organic spicy bean vegetarian burger and the traditional vegan sausage with prices starting from €3.99.
Joe Manning, commercial director, Tesco Ireland said “As the fresh food retailer of the year, at Tesco Ireland we continue to lead the way in serving customers with high quality exciting products right across our range.
In response to growing customer demand we’ve expanded our range to include more variety in vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian foods from an array of different suppliers. From Cork based Dee’s Wholefoods, Dublin based Moodley Manor, Eden from Co Offaly, suppliers of all shapes and sizes are getting behind this growing trend.
Earlier this year we created Wicked Kitchen, a plant based vegan range of ready meals, developed exclusively for Tesco in partnership with Derek Sarno. It’s something that Irish customers have really gotten behind, so this year we’re delighted to extend the range and now be able to offer our vegan customers greater choice in ready to go salads, dips, coleslaws and even delicious desserts”, he concluded.
All products available in store and on tesco.ie subject to local availability.
All prices correct as at 23rd January 2019.